3/31/10

Crème brûlée

One of the things I love most in life is good food. I eat a lot. I like to cook. And I'm very happy when people like what I cook. The other day I saw a very simple recipe of Crème brûlée, that is 'burned cream'. I absolutely love desserts & I decided to try.

It was so good, that yesterday, when both my husband & son were asleep, I sneaked in the kitchen & ate another serving. Oh yes, it's delicious.

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
4 egg yolks,
1/2 cup of sugar
400ml or 1 2/3 cup of cream
vanilla extract
brown sugar for the crust, 4 Tb spoons

Process:
1. In a medium heavy-bottomed pan, heat cream. Do not boil!!! Just heat it up.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar. Do not use a mixer, a fork will do the job. Add vanilla extract.
3. Mix the yolks & cream together, stir. 
4. This recipe is good for 4 servings. So at this point put the mixture into the forms. 
5. Preheat the oven to 300F. 
6. Take a big deep pan, put the forms there. Now put the water in the pan (not in the forms!). You have a double boiler now. Put in the oven, let cook 25-30 min. The trick is to watch it & touch it. If you overcook it, it won't be good. The way to test it is to touch the form & move it a bit. If it moves like jelly, it's ready. 
7. Take out, let it cool off a bit, then put in the fridge for 2-3 hours. 
8. Before serving, sprinkle with 1 tb spoon of brown sugar & burn the sugar till light brown with a gas lighter or put in the oven to broil for a couple of minutes. You can also spray some water if you are broiling, it will help the crust to form. 

Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...