11/4/11

Black & white, sepia, Photoshop manipulation.

I had a meeting with a bride a couple of days ago & she asked me some interesting questions that I thought I will share with you guys.

Do you do black & white photography? Do you make sepia photographs?

I do and I don't. I'm a person of color. Truly. I love color. I love the blue of the sky, I like the green of the leaves, I love the purple of the hydrangeas. Most of the pictures that I do will be in color. However I do convert some pictures to black & white. For me personally BW photo carries emotion only & doesn't need color. That's when you see my pictures in BW.

Same for sepia or any other kind of monochrome pictures.

Do you manipulate pictures in Photoshop to make them look unusual & more interesting?

I certainly use Photoshop. To some degree. However, you'll never see crazy colors & xray effects in my work. I just simply don't like over manipulating. I am a realist & love to see the things the way they are. Our world is so pretty! I don't want to make the grass look like aliens invaded us & spilled acid on it. I might have a desire to make the sky look bluer or retouch to some extent. But I don't like spending hours with each picture.

Here's before/after example: a picture straight from the camera & an edited version:



Go to my website & check out my style. And if you like it, contact me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...