7/19/11

Katy & Mike, engagement photos

Katy & Mike wrote a story about their engagement for my blog. I think it is so touching.
I enjoyed taking pictures of you guys!!!



Katy: Last November, while we were walking around NYC Mike received a phone call.

Mike: I had started looking at rings and the jeweler had told me he would look for stones based on my parameters and call me when he had some for me to look at. 


Katy: He was very abrupt with the person and got off the phone quickly. 

Mike: I had told myself that I would be cool if he called when she was with me, but that wasn't the case - I panicked and didn't know what to say to him.


Katy: I was curious but he wouldn't say who called. Later that evening, he told me he had gone to see a jeweler about a ring. 


Mike: I told her that I was thinking about getting a ring and asked if she wanted any input and she told me that she trusted me. 


Katy: I was so happy because I had known from the first couple of days we spent together that I wanted to spend forever with him. 


Mike: It was pretty much like we had known each other forever.  


Katy: Well, the holidays rolled around and there was no proposal.... 


Mike: I told her it wasn't going to be at Christmas!  


Katy: I was wondering if he had forgotten about it! 


Mike: She actually accused me of not having been serious about it.  Funny thing is, I had already gotten the stone picked out and was waiting on the jeweler to call once the ring was finished.  I had bought the ring with the intention of proposing in April or May, but my father convinced me, why wait?  


Katy: One Saturday morning in January we took our dogs up to Stringer's Ridge for a hike. Before we left, Mike kept saying "Don't you want to shower?"- I thought he was nuts, as we were just going to be exercising. 


Mike: When we started our hike, she started complaining of her stomach bothering her, so I started to panic and kept asking her if she wanted to turn around and go home.  


Katy: So I was grubby, in hiking clothes, no makeup, not very presentable. We stopped at a place we always stop- it has a beautiful view of downtown Chattanooga


Mike: I had already decided that this was the place.  

Katy: I said something like, "It's hazy today" and turned to walk away. Mike grabbed my hand and said "hey, I want to ask you something". I turned around and he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I said "yes!!" (and was blinded by the ring) and we hugged and kissed and our dogs, Buddy and Mr. Pickles barked and ran around us. It was perfect.  


Mike: We continued our hike for about ten minutes as I told her the story of how I picked her ring until she realized she had to start telling people.  We turned around and started letting everyone know.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...